But who has gobs to spend on a tween bedroom makeover? Especially when there's a possibility that your tween may want to change everything around in just a few years? What's your solution to decorating a tween bedroom? What themes do you think work best for tween girls or tween boys? And what trends would you shy away from? Share Ideas and Themes
Theme with a scheme!
- The perfect room for me would be with a color scheme and theme that fits your style. I would use the colors purple and pink to fit my burly style and my theme would be animal print. They are just soooooo cool!
- —Guest Kinnergirl
- Well.. I like music and pink and black. My walls are white and my floor is a light brown. So I cut pink and black circles from poster boards and hot glued them to my walls. then I made black music noted and put them infront of my cast-iron bed... my beadspread is pink and white with black sheets. It's amazing. I'm working on the desk part because I hate having my laptop on the floor.
- —Guest LaLaLoopsy
- My dream room would be painted purple!! I would want animal print bed spread, and dark purple curtains! One Direction stuff!! And a desk or vanity!!
- —Guest Booboo63
- Neons and animal print is what I like, white and black normally with either neon green or neon pink.
- —Guest mememe122
- My dream room would be painted purple with animal posters. Also it would have a rug and red curtains, a dresser painted with flowers, and a purple and red beanbag in the corner with a blanket and a regular big bookshelf. Plus a small desk.With 2 twin sized beds together.
- —Guest Serena
A Dream Room
- A brightly colored feature wall, some matching sort of pillows, wall stickers, and a bed (obviously) and a cute little sitting area.. and obviously pics of 1 direction and Taylor Swift!!!!!!!
- —Guest 11 year old........
- My room has a fish tank that sits on a cubicle. I have a bed with a flower bedspread. No paint. A built in desk. bookshelf, and dressed. I have a blue chair and a REALLY messy closet. I want painted walls and different themes!
- —Guest TweenL
- I would want lavender walls, a light colored wooden desk, a matching dresser, a matching bookshelf, and A TON of posters of HARRY STYLES!!!
- —Guest suesue
- Well, this is what I have, without any paint: Lots of animal drawings and posters, a zebra-print blanket, a giraffe-print chair, and a cheetah-spotted clock.
- —Guest Tweenie
- I would love a yellow and white painted room wall, with a bed desk and a chair and a corner with comfy cushions. Doesn't sound like much but my imagination is going crazy.
- —Guest Mia
Lots of Color
- My room is light purple. I have blue sheets and big black poka-dot comforter. I have a brown dresser and a white one. My nightstand is dark purple and I have a purple and white lamp. I have a walk-in closet with a bar to hang up clothes and I have a built-in bookshelf in the closet. I have posters of celebraties and pictures of Miley Cyrus. I have a big picture that says "ALLIE" because that's my name. I have a light-and-fan above my bed and I have this bead thing hanging by my built-in toy box.
- —Guest tweenvollyballlover
- My room is lime green with doodles of my name and random quotes. I have a pink shag rug, a white dresser, 42 inch flat screen tv, walk in closet, pink circle chair, white bedding with blue brown and green circles on it, a pillow pet zebra, and a bunch of pillows.
- —Guest Allyluv
Tween It Up!
- I am a tween and suggest, from tween point of view, make the room colorful and bright. Don't over-do it, because that would not turn out pretty. Use colors like light green or blue or purple. Give the room a little light. A window, hint hint. Let him/her put up posters of their preferred themes. Also let them organize their room however they want. It would probably good if you decorated the room on a budget, however. Don't make it cost too much, and keep it simple but eye-catching and flattering. This is loverbeat68, peace out!
- —Guest loverbeat68
- My room's got white painted walls, with a black dandelion wall sticker, charcoal coloured floor tiles, a white shaggy rug, a black TV & black & white bedding/curtains.
- —Guest SJRS
Hippie Coolness Chic
- My room is pretty boring right now because I just moved in and turned ten, but I am working on it. I am gonna paint my walls green and get a zebra print comforter too, and I am eminem's #1 fan so I am gonna get some posters of him and get some blank poster board and get a package of those feathers you put in your hair and glue randomly on the poster board. I like to use clip art from my old magazines to make collages including my favorite books, movies and everything. Then I would rearrange the furniture and make other posters.
- —Guest jessica