From the article: Should Tween Girls Use Tampons?
Studies reveal girls are beginning their periods earlier than ever. At what age did your daughter begin her period? Was she still a tween? Was she prepared for the experience, and how did you help her manage the responsibilities and challenges of menstruation? Share Your Experience
- Started off with tampons right away and got it in the first try, it was easy and painless.
- —Guest Chocolate
She was 14 years old
- I told her to used a pad first, then go on wearing tampons on your second period.
- —Guest Leanne
- I started at 12, I use U by Kotex! It's great! I use tampons and they're great for hiking, swimming and working out!
- —Guest Cupcake 344
- I started my period today and am already wearing tampons. I suggest the you by Kotex sleek tampons for beginners.
- —Guest Kate
- I Was 11. I Handled it well but my mum said I shouldn't use tampons because I'm a virgin?!
- —Guest BubbleGumCookie
- I was 12 when I started. I used only pads until I was 14. I was really nervous but now I honestly prefer them to pads. Takes a couple tries to get it right, but they don't hurt and most women mess up the first time. Dont let that stop you from trying them.
- —Guest Dee
- I started today and I am 12. I'm sticking to pads for the moment!
- —Guest ...
I Started Early
- I was only 9. I use U by Kotex tween pads. :D It was weird at first when I used it...
- —Guest Bethanystar123789
- I got mine when I was 12. I still haven't tried using tampons, stuck to pads, they work fine. Now nearly 13!
- —Guest GM
- I had my first one at ten and now I'm eleven and got taken by surprise with my second one. Now I have been looking at U by Kotex and I'm gonna ask my mom if I can use tampons wish me luck!
- —Guest Hehe
- I started yesterday! My mum took me to the cvs and we bought both pads and tampons. I am having a little trouble with the tampons but I think I'm just nervous!
- —Guest swimmerchic
- I started mine when I was ten. I'm 12 now and want to use tampons but I'm super nervous to ask my mom. She doesn't use tampons so I'm kind of worried she will say no. I tried to ask her but then I just freeze up.
- —Guest yip
- My daughter, now fourteen, started menstruating at the age of eleven. She prefers pads over tampons
- —Guest Payton Deany
- My granddaughter is 11 and she has had her period for 5 months now. She is fully developed now she uses pads, but now that it's summer she is going to try tampons so she can swim. She was pretty well prepared. But, she is surprised each month as it's not regular. I'm talking to her about being prepared by carrying a small pad in her purse, except she doesn't always carry a purse.
- —Guest kathy
I was nine
- I was nine, going on ten. Personally, I was ready, prepared, and more calm than most. I am having some trouble inserting tampons, but other than that, I've handled my period well. It's been quite a while since I started, and none of my friends have started menstruating. I handled it well, though I was so young.
- —Guest Smileyface
1-15 of 19Next