Family Time - You and Your Tween
By Jennifer O'Donnell, About.com Guide
Birthdays and Holidays
Family fun is often associated with birthdays, holidays and seasonal family traditions. Be sure to celebrate family events and holidays together!
- Great Locations for Fun Birthday Parties
- Party Ideas for Older Kids
- Fun Themes for a Tween Party
- Share Your Ideas for a Tween Party
- Fun Winter Activities
- Fun Activities for Spring
- Summer Activities for Bored Tweens
- Fall Fun for Families
- Halloween Fun with Tweens
- Christmas Fun for You and Your Tween
- Enjoying Valentine's Day with Your Child
- Easter Fun for Older Kids
Living together under the same roof can be both challenging and enjoyable. Here's how to have fun living with your tween, while working together as a family unit.
- Fun Ways to Show Love to Your Tween
- Easy Ways to Say, "I Love You!"
- Fun Family Activities for You and Your Tween
- What is a Family Ritual?
- Teaching Good Manners to Your Tween
- Help Your Tween Find a Hobby
- How Holiday Traditions Benefit Kids
- Craft Supplies You Need at Home
- Volunteer with Your Tween
- Getting Tweens to Help with Chores
Family vacations are probably the highlight of your child's year, and your's too. Plan a great vacation, or a staycation, and make memories to last a lifetime.
- Plan a Fun Family Vacation
- Enjoy a Staycation with Your Tween
- Car Activities for Family Road Trips
- What Was Your Family's Favorite Vacation?
Be a Supportive Parent
Tweens face a number of challenges, including starting middle school and dealing with bullying. Support your tween through difficult times. Here's how.
- How Your Support Helps Your Child
- How to be a Better Parent
- How Not to Embarrass Your Tween
- Support Your Tween Through Puberty