Does your tween want to go Christmas caroling this year? It's a great idea, and it's easy to throw together a Christmas caroling party. Below are ideas for a memorable Christmas caroling experience. Have fun!
Christmas Caroling Tips
- Send out invites to your tween's friends. Advise them to dress for the weather (hats, gloves, scarves, etc.)
- Make sure every caroler has his or her own caroling booklet of Christmas carols
- Bring hand warmers and toe warmers if the weather is super cold
- Bring a wagon for all your supplies: Christmas caroling booklets; extra hats and gloves; a thermos full of hot chocolate or cider; insulated cups, etc.
- Before you leave the house, know how far your group will walk and where you will carol
- If you visit a hospital or a nursing home, ask for permission ahead of time to make sure your visit comes at a good time
- Sing just a song or two per home
- Choose songs that are short, easy to sing, and fun
- Take pictures of the Christmas caroling adventure to share with parents and friends
- Have homemade cookies, hot chocolate or other goodies waiting for your Christmas carolers when they're finished